The person you think of when you stand in front of the ocean. That’s the person you’re in love with.
Nothing ever ends poetically. It ends and we turn it into poetry. All that blood was never once beautiful. It was just red.
Everyone’s just looking for reasons to wake up and get out of bed, some do it for nothing but a kiss, perhaps a cup of coffee, others have a harder time; no train to catch, no hand to hold, no reasons at all.
1. I still sleep in your shirt every night. My mother told me I should be a bitch and ask if you wanted it back for the next girl you use. My best friend says I should burn it. There’s a bloodstain on it right over my heart. I feel like it’s proof you damaged it.
2. I was doing laundry the other day. I thought about that time I was doing it with you and tried to steal your clean shirt. You made me take one that you had worn for a while so I’d fall asleep smelling you.
3. There’s a scar on my lip from where you bit it. You stupid fuck.
4. You asked me why I was sad once. You told me you wanted to help me, that you’d always be there to listen. We haven’t spoken in weeks.
5. I died a bit when you admitted you couldn’t remember any of the small details I had told you about me.
6. When I found out you used me to cheat, I threw up. I didn’t care so much that you had hurt me. I cared more that you had hurt her and she would never know.
7. I think I loved you even though you wouldn’t let me love you. I’ve never been one for following the rules.
8. I can’t stand pictures of you and her together. I had to remove you. I don’t think you even notice.
9. I hate you for doing this to me.
10. I hope when she breaks your heart, you try to text me. I hope you pour your heart out to me, say that it was me all along. That you love me. And I will reply with, “Sorry, who is this?”